A NEW funding opportunity for PhD graduates (post-docs) who are interested in applying their research and analytic talents to critical challenges faced by health system and related organizations outside of the traditional scholarly setting, and who want to benefit from professional work experience, mentorship from health system and academic leaders, and professional development training in an expanded set of competencies (e.g., leadership, project management, change management) designed to accelerate professional growth.
To learn more, visit the Health System Impact Fellowship funding opportunity.
- Deadline for expression of interest to host partner organizations*: Mid April (dates vary – review each partner profile carefully!)
- CIHR application deadline: May 23, 2017 (extended from May 9th!)
- Anticipated notice of decision: July 27, 2017
- Anticipated funding start date: September 1, 2017
*This deadline pertains only to organizations included in the host partner database.
Funds available: 39 Fellowships!!
- $2.8 million, enough to fund approximately 39 awards (your takeaway message: it’s worth applying!).
- New funds added from CIHR’s Science, Knowledge Translation and Ethics Branch for data science-related applications
- Support impact-oriented career paths and elevate the career readiness of individuals with a PhD in health services and policy research (HSPR) or related fields by supporting experiential learning opportunities in Canada outside of the traditional scholarly environment, enriched competency development (e.g., leadership, project management), and national cohort participation;
- Expand and enrich the traditional post-doctoral training environment by engaging health system and related organizations in preparing a cadre of promising PhD graduates for successful careers;
- Provide health system and related organizations with direct opportunities to realize and harness the benefits that PhD-trained individuals can bring to such organizations for improved decision- making.